Project partner P1 West University of Timisoara
Phase 1_2018 Evaluation and selection of the available remote sensing data for the study areas
Phase 2_2019 Develop semi-automated algorithms for classifying remote sensing images, in order to identify spatio-temporal patterns in the evolution of arctic landscape and quantify the changes over time.
- Structure of GIS database of the representative bio-climatic study areas in West Siberia
- Evaluation of available remote sensing images at different spatial and spectral resolutions
Phase 3_2020_ Evaluation and validation of changes from remote sensing data with in-situ measurements.
- Analysis of the parameters and indices relevant for landscape changes based on remote sensing data
- Develop and test the algorithm for detection of changes in the arctic landscape of West Siberia
- GIS database development
- Evaluation and comparison of spatio-temporal changes identified in remote sensing data with in-situ measurements.
- Analysis of changes in arctic landscape based on satelite images for selected points in years with extreme climatic events